Re: [foxboro] McAfee 8.0i No more updates

  • From: "Lowell, Timothy" <Timothy.Lowell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:58:56 -0500

Thanks, Jack.  That is a surprise to me.

Here is a link to the Knowledge Base article from McAfee:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52201

The V1 DAT files stopped being supported on 3/31/10.  It would have been nice
for Invensys to let us know before it happened.  One of our sites is upgrading
to 8.5 in July, which uses the new V2 DAT files in its version of McAfee, but
the other two I/A sites have no immediate plans to upgrade.  Invensys folks,
are you working on supporting the V2 DAT files on I/A for versions below 8.5?

Tim Lowell
Tesoro Refining and Marketing Company
19100 Ridgewood Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78259