Re: [foxboro] ICCAPI Upload Error

  • From: Duc M Do <duc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 22:12:16 -0400

Now, the rest of the story....
My helpful colleagues (thanks, Dave and Wolfie!) found a sequence block with
a couple of divided-by-zero calculations that get sent out as "infinity" in
the real outputs. (The zero is the feed setpoint, imagine that, during a
process shutdown!) Once we fixed that error, 09CP02 uploaded flawlessly,
albeit still taking 40 minutes to do so.

Meanwhile, I found some undefined blocks trying to read Modbus inputs via an
FBM232 in the other CP, 10CP02. As they were built for testing, I nuked them
away, and the problem ... kinda went away. The first upload after I deleted
those blocks failed, but I tried it again and it was successful. No, I
didn't have any good explanation for that either.

Thanks for all the suggestions. And thanks, Alex, for sending me the
procedure to remedy database mismatches. I didn't need it this time, but it
can be handy in the future. (Oh wait, I wrote a procedure to solve that
problem once myself. Need to find that one.)

Regards,

Duc