Re: [foxboro] IACC TO FCS

  • From: "Brazell, Troy L" <TLBrazell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 13:47:30 +0000

Tadeo,
I don't like the way that FCS is coupled to IA. I really like being able to
import my graphics and configure them from the IACC. We also have built an
extensive set of symbols that allow us to drag and drop from with in the IACC
onto graphics.
I just hate to see Invensys prostitute them selves to Wonderware!!!
With the lack of support from Wonderware, I am considering moving away from IA.
I just can not justify the incremental cost of going to FCS!!! The cost is
crazy (it is going to cost an additional $32000)and does not buy us anything.
Our plants are typically less than 400 IO and we are able to easily bulk
generate from IACC to catch the majority of our loops. I can see where FCS
MIGHT have an advantage for very large systems, but it is just not worth the
extra cost to us!
Wonderware's business model is not the customer friendly model that Foxboro was
built on, after all they only sell software so like Microsoft to continue to
generate revenue they have to obsolete software and force customers to buy
expensive upgrades so that they can sell more software.
Sorry, but you are going to have a very hard time convincing me that FCS is
worth the additional cost that we will be paying. The DCS / PLC market is
getting very competitive and Wonderware is only adding to the cost that I have
to justify to our management team. It has been an uphill battle to keep IA on
the front burner and I don't know how much longer I can keep it as an option
with increased pricing thank to Wonderware.

Troy Brazell
Engineer Project Lead
ISA CCST
Corporate Automation/Chief Corporate Office
DCP Midstream
Office Phone   405.605.3877
Mobile Phone 405.301.2994