Re: [foxboro] IACC TO FCS

  • From: Neil Martin <neil_martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 13:40:26 -0600

Troy,
Be sure to look for some of my previous posts on the subject - they will
have more detail.  I am hoping they will make a lot of improvements soon
(after V4.0) to make it quicker for us to get in, make our changes, and
get out; but at the moment, the only good thing I can think of is that it
has a very good CALC block editor, and there are cut and paste
capabilities.  If you like dividing your blocks into strategies, or are
into use of templates and bulk building, Foundation Fieldbus, and have
other special configuration needs it may provide more benefit to you.  We
have V1.2.2 at one site I work at, and we are currently working on a
project to upgrade a V6.3 system to V8.8 with the FCS configurator at
another site I work at that will go on-line near the end of the year.

One really big difference is that it is a single database for all of the
CPs that resides on the Galaxy server, and the host AW does not have any
CP source files.  If you are used to upgrading part of the DCS because you
have different CP host AWs, be sure you discuss and work out how you are
going to this in the future with a Galaxy.

Conroe & Dayton , TX.
Conroe ph) 936-760-6205
Dayton ph)  936-257-4212
pager) 936-522-0052

"Brazell, Troy L" <TLBrazell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
02/19/2013 01:10 PM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Foxboro User Group Foxboro User Group <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[foxboro] IACC TO FCS

We are looking a upgrading our systems from IACC to FCS, if you have done
so, what problems are we looking at?
Thanks
Troy Brazell
Engineer Project Lead
ISA CCST
Corporate Automation/Chief Corporate Office
DCP Midstream<https://www.dcpmidstream.com/>
Office Phone   405.605.3877
Mobile Phone 405.301.2994