Re: [foxboro] IACC TO FCS

  • From: Jeremy Milum <jmilum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 13:38:50 -0500

On Feb 20, 2013, at 7:05 AM, "Deen, Ron" <Ron.Deen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The message I like to get across is our Invensys engineers actually LIKE FCS
> very much, it allows us to reliably work in the same CP with multiple
> engineers, has some great tools for bulk engineering and edits and much more,
>
> I hope you can forgive this response but I felt that FCS deserves more
> credits than it received,
> I will go back into my cave now :-)

I've been using IA since '98. I know this doesn't make me as 'old
school' as many on here, but I feel older every day. I'm now working
in an FCS only shop. One of the reasons I took this job was because it
is FCS, I thought that would be a good skill set to learn.

We are currently at 3.1. Yes multiple engineers can edit in the same
CP, but only one engineer can deploy at a time. Also only one engineer
can edit on the NAD at a time. If you work in a large shop with lots
of engineers, these can be serious bottlenecks.

I do like IEE. I miss the simplicity and quickness of ICC, but IEE is
very powerful and can ease development.

InfusionView is another story. I don't like it. It's more complicated
to create graphics than FoxView for no added value. Also the default
block overlays *SUCK*. It takes me forever to find the parameters that
I want. I wish they had the little drop down selector that IEE has or
something. Things are in such non-intuitive places with odd names and
such.

--
Jeremy Milum