[foxboro] read/write C:B.P from external application

  • From: "Ghiglione, Alessandro" <Alessandro.Ghiglione@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 13:28:08 -0000

Hi List,
we use a thin client (linux based) to access InfusionView mimics (via
dedicated RemoteDesktop server, rdp protocol).
This linux client is equipped with some RS232 ports used to read badges.
In the past, when mimics were based on Solaris AW51, we were able to
write each badge value (real type) to a C:B.P  via this syntax:

rsh -l "my user" "my DM station" /opt/fox/bin/tools/omset  -i "my block"
"my value"

that uses any DisplayManager station to access CP block in r/w (yes,
omset, but only one write per hour!)
in windows environment rsh is not supported;  omset still avail in
Windows' RemoteDesktop servers.

Any solution to write a C:B.P from a non I/A client?
IMHO, a windows based thin client is less secure than a *nix one, but
the problem to write to CP remains.
Any ideas from I/A gurus or from customers familiar with this approach
will be appreciated.

Regards,

Alessandro Ghiglione
Senior Application Engineer