Re: [foxboro] Hart FBM's

  • From: Harshad Viradia <harshad_viradia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 02:12:28 -0700 (PDT)

We found similar problem of measurement elevation in 2007 and we had production
loss many times till March 2010 because of the trips occurred due to elevation,
we installed the QF which doesn't address the root cause but at least it
suppress the elevation.

________________________________
From: "DUNHAM, KENNETH J" <kdunham@xxxxxxxx>
Date:    09/30/08

CAR Number

CAR#1010386, HPS#17187

Quick Fix Number

QF1009770

Reports from 3 customer sites indicated that FBM214's would sometimes
shift all current signals upward by 20-30%. This was investigated and a
potential exists for this to happen if the AI background process didn't
have enough time to finish up before it was time to take another sample.
This problem was only seen on the FBM214's at site, not with the FBM216's.
(CAR#1010386 HPS#17187)

FCS Applicability Discussion

This item appears to be the exact failure experienced by FCS.  There is no
record of Invensys notification to FCS of this potential problem.  This OE was
discovered when specifically looking through the Foxboro database for a similar
failure.

Feel free to contact me off-line if you need more info.

Kenneth Dunham
ERF/DCS System Engineer,
Fort Calhoun Station
9610 Power Lane, Blair, NE 68008