Re: [foxboro] CP60 new image problem

  • From: "Johnson, Alex P (IPS)" <alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 10:17:50 -0400

Dirk,

Re: W59- duplicate output channel

This is not an error message. It is a warning message that attempts to alert
the user that the potential exists that the same output channel is/maybe in
use by multiple blocks.

This change was made in response to a problem originally reported by
CAR1002747. The CAR stated that there were several cases of damaged
equipment in the field caused by multiple PLB blocks writing to the same
contact output.

This issue was taken to the Safety Committee. The committee concluded that
it was NOT a safety issue, since the user documentation warned against the
possibility of incorrect behavior when multiple PLB blocks are connected to
the same FBM.

That said, the Safety Committee also strongly recommended that a warning
message be added to the I/A product in a future release. In response to this
recommendation, this was done.

I haven't searched the user notes for the QF that you have, but it should
mention the warning message. Would you mind checking for me?

Invensys Systems, Inc.
10707 Haddington
Houston, TX 77063
+1 713 722 2859 (voice)
+1 713 932 0222 (fax)
+1 713 722 2700 (switchboard)
alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I hope to see you at the Invensys Process System User Group meeting October
3-6 in Houston, TX -
www.invensys.com/usergroup2005