Re: [foxboro] Automatic STATION Checkpoint - Two Questions

  • From: <Kevin_Fitzgerrell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 07:12:56 +0900

Hi George,

Regarding Q1:
Yes, you can change these parameters on the fly without affecting plant
operation.

Regarding Q2:
There are a few things to note.  One is that this feature has been
available for some time (I don't know since which version) but hasn't
worked in many versions.  It was supposed to have been fixed in recent
(6.5.x?) versions.  In 6.4 and below (if memory serves) it would perform
the first scheduled auto checkpoint and never auto checkpoint again.
You shouldn't have to worry about conflict with ICC - it's supposed to
skip any checkpoint it's unable to perform.  Biggest issue is true for
any auto/scheduled checkpoint scheme - if a checkpoint is performed with
the plant in an abnormal state, a CP reboot would cause that checkpoint
to be loaded back with abnormal setpoints & other block conditions.

Regards,

Kevin FitzGerrell
TE Industrial Automation
PTFI Freeport