[foxboro] Automatic STATION Checkpoint - Two Questions

  • From: "George Bocancea" <GBocance@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:58:34 -0700

List:
Happy New Year with Joy, Health and Prosperity!

We would like to setup automatic checkpoint for all CP/GW stations
within our I/A DCS.
We know the option is available for a limited station types list. Don't
know why the option hadn't been set initially (~1987).

There are two important parameters in the STATION Block:
AUTCKP (0-255 periods of 30 min = 0 to 5 days)
CKPOPT (0-2, 0=disabled; 1,2=enabled).

Q1: Can we change this two parameters on the fly using ICC, without
affecting the plant operation?
Q2: Is there anything we should be aware of, once we turn this feature
ON, any gotcha?

Please advise,

George Bocancea
Process Control Application Engineer
Agrium-CNO
Calgary, Canada

                            IMPORTANT NOTICE !
This E-Mail transmission and any accompanying attachments may contain
entity named above. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken
in reliance on the contents of this E-Mail by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited and is not intended to, in anyway, waive
privilege or confidentiality. If you have received this E-Mail in error please
immediately delete it and notify sender at the above E-Mail address.

Agrium uses state of the art anti-virus technology on all incoming and
outgoing E-Mail. We encourage and promote the use of safe E-Mail management
practices and recommend you check this, and all other E-Mail and attachments
you receive for the presence of viruses. The sender and Agrium accept no
liability
for any damage caused by a virus or otherwise by the transmittal of this E-Mail.
                        IMPORTANT NOTICE