Re: [foxboro] AIM*OPC Server CLOSE_WAIT errors

  • From: Michael Toecker <michael.toecker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:34:55 -0500

Was the PI server recently upgraded to Windows 2008 R2, or received
patches?  I"m working a theory here.
In the meantime, you can use TCPView from Microsoft Sysinternals to
!!!!CAREFULLY!!!! kill zombie (close_wait) connections on a periodic basis.
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897437.aspx)

Mike Toecker
Digital Bond, Inc

Michael Toecker