[familyschool] Re: INPUT NEEDED- the media contacted me again

  • From: Sabine Meyer <meye0336@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: familyschool@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 11:02:35 -0500

I agree with Johnny on this. If we truly want *unity* going forward, we
need to hold back on communication which could potentially divide rather
than unite and possibly, yes, have negative outcomes from a legal
perspective or even just in terms of our vision/mission and wanting that to
drive our actions. We still have not reached/included all parents (there
are parents on the board, for example, and they need to rejoin the
conversation when tonight's meeting is done) - so that, too, should prevent
us from speaking with too much sense of a collective "authoritative voice,"
esp. but not only to the media, right now.

Let's tell media we are ready to take a deep breath and look to the future,
but we are not ready to make a statement about that future or about the
current situation. Not yet.

That would be my take.

--
Dr. Sabine Meyer