mailbox backup

  • From: "Ruba Al Omari, Eng." <romari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:33:41 +0300

Greetings all

When I check after the monthly backup I find tons of notifications in
the mail administrator inbox that a virus has been caught and message
was deleted for many users. Those messages are old ones even from more
than a year or could be recent too. And the concerned users receive a
copy of the notification as well, and they panic.

I have exchange 2000 and doing backup through veritas, the only thing
when the problem appears is that the monthly backup we do the mailboxes
not the information store, is there a way to stop these notifications? I
don't know why they are produced in the first place since these are old
emails and supposed to be clean. And the next month the same messages
have the same problems.

Regards

Ruba Al Omari