Remote Connection

  • From: "Amy Dukart" <ADukart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 08:56:03 -0700

Please help if you can. I need to know if there is a way to download
(synchronize) offline folders with out a dial up connection to the exchange
server. My server connects to the internet and we will use OWA but I need to
know if there is a way to use outlook to download the new mail to the laptops
when they aren't in the office so they don't have to pay to stay on the
internet the whole time. I really need help with this and I am supposed to have
everything ready by the 28th.

I also don't want to use a VPN. I've been reading about pop3 and smtp
connection over the internet and you just have to open some ports. I can't find
a step-by-step setup article for this though. If anyone knows where I could
find how to set this up please let me know. I also read one article that said
they may not be able to send mail when connecting this way because the ISP may
not allow relaying. Is this true?

now I did open the rpc ports and I still can't connect. Is there any documents
on setting up the server for this and then setting up the client also?

Thank You,
Amy

GIF image