RE: Jacked up Exchange server!!!

  • From: "Ross McPhaden" <ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:04:57 +0100

Have you had a look at this article

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q245024

Ross

-----Original Message-----
From: Marvin Cummings [mailto:marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 8:22 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Jacked up Exchange server!!!

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Exchange 2000 Server Newbie...

I have reason to believe that my exchange server install is completely
screwed up and need to know if there's anyway to resolve this without
having
to rebuild my entire network??
1. From what I can tell the exchange service isn't starting.
2. If i go to my AD users & computers console I see what appears to be
an OU
for Microsoft Exchange System Objects, but its not a folder, it looks as
though its not associated with anything.
3. If i attempt to start the mailbox management process via the System
Manager, I get an error that the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant
Service
is unavailable.
        ID no: c1031668
This is the 2nd time I've un-inistalled and re-installed this exchange
server. Can anyone shed some light onto this otherwise dismal situation?

:-<

TIA

it from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept
responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this
message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail
transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy
version. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the company.