RE: Email Hosting Services

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:23:33 -0500

I don't see how privacy is the issue of your out sourcer provides you a
place for you to install your own servers, or if they provide a service
were by you buy the server and license from them. This way the company
hosting your server is pretty much responsible for its up time, and
backups.

A good friend of mine does out source part-time. He gives people a few
options; 1. email at "I don't care where" RPC over HTTP $17.95 per
email/email. 2. there own VM server $250 setup fee, they provide the
license, no web hosting on the server is permitted, $17.95 per
email/month; they have RDP access to their server so they can add users
or configure it how they like; if they need extra stuff opened on the
networks firewall they speak to my friend who runs ISA 2004. Or they run
their own server, $500 setup fee includes the server, company provides
their own licenses, $17.95 per email/month; they have access to the
server though RDP, etc..

He mainly farms his services to Doctors and Lawyers and currently
carries about 40 clients.

He also allows the companies to install their own internet connection if
they want to, and charges a small $2.50 month administration fee.

Andrew