Re: Email Hosting Services

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:32:38 -0500

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:35:42 -0800, Knutsen, Vicki <vickik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> My office (because we are so small) is thinking about outsourcing email to a
> larger company that can deal with replacing servers, etc. and keeping down
> costs
> I am trying to gather the PRO's and CON's so I can make a valuable
> presentation.

So you are looking at outsourced Exchange hosting? If so, you don't
lose much, unless you lose your Internet connection, in which case you
lose everything - or at least the ability to access your mail. To this
end, I would recommend looking into the cost of a backup Internet
connection for mission critical email access in the event your primary
'net connection fails.

...D