RE: Contact Distribution List

  • From: "Lomker, Michael" <mlomker@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:45:53 -0500

> I want to create a distribution list for contacts.  I've read in other

Are you saying that you want to include a A.D. contact item (an external e-mail
address) as a member of a distribution list?  I do this all of the time and it
works fine.  I'm not sure what you might be doing wrong there.

> Also is it possible to hide the GAL and allow certain address lists to
> show up in the address book.

In Exch2k the global address list is actually created using an LDAP query.
This is 100% customizable but it may take you some time to learn the LDAP
syntax if you aren't familiar with it.  Go into the Exchange System Manager and
look at the properties for "Default Global Address List."  You'll see that it
is nothing more than an LDAP query.