(no subject)

  • From: "Ilana Bar-Hai" <ilbarhay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 17:40:29 +0000

Hi all!

I think it is a pity to see so many English mistakes on the etni mailing
list.  It leaves me wondering if these mistakes are just typos or real
errors...? Sorry if I sound critical, but it does stand out.

What I really wanted to talk about was the assumption that we can be
expected to proctor exams outside of our normal schedule.  We are underpaid.
According to world standards, we are close to the lowest paid!  We do all
sorts of extras that are not part of our "global" salary, including testing
orally throughout the year, guarding the school yard during breaks(I can
imagine my husband's reaction if he had to guard outside - in Elta...!),
sitting with pupils during our free hours, meeting with them prior to the
big exams, including the oral exam... The list is endless.  All of those who
think otherwise are a principal's dream come true.  I feel that we work, at
least in part, to make a living in a respectable way.  I think we deserve to
get paid for our work, but I know that the B.O.E. is willing to forfit
payment on certain exams such as the oral ones, so for those of you who want
to save them some money, there is a place on the 9540 forms, for stating
this desire.

I also believe that when we complain, someone should listen, and check our
complaints out, especially those complaints that are repeated by the
teachers (who know their stuff).

Good bye!
Ilana