[etni] Re: Where is ETNI going?

  • From: "Linda Dayan" <lindadayan7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 10:38:21 +0300

What has ETNI turned into?
>I feel that ETNI is turning into a source to be used by newspapers and
>teachers' unions in any way they like and to their advantage and that
>people on ETNI are encouraging this.  I think that the people running ETNI
>should seriously think and reconsider where ETNI is going and what the
>consequences of what has been happening recently could be.  If in the past,
>I was "afraid" of writing because I didn't want to be "attacked", now I am
>afraid of being quoted in the newspaper!

     For me ETNI is a valuable source of information and a platform where I
can both express myself and learn from my fellow teachers.  I learn from
those I agree with as well as those I don't agree with, and think it's
important to hear from all sides.  I'm sorry that you are afraid of
expressing your opinions, but that fear shouldn't dictate ENTI's policy.
Just because you have something to say and don't say it, you can't find
fault with others because they are open.  I certainly don't agree with your
recommendation that there should be (more) censorship.

     As for your fears, as long as you don't share your opinions, you have
no need to fear being quoted in any newspaper.

      At this point, I want to thank the staff of ETNI for enabling me to
expand my professional horizons.

                        Linda