[etni] Testing Question Formation

  • From: James Backer <drjamesbacker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 04:49:47 -0700 (PDT)

Adele,

OK, I have an open mind.

1. How would you test the ability to ask questions?
Using Krashen's distinction, we could test the learned
ability in a written test or the acquired ability in
an contextualized oral test. Which one would you do
and how?

2. How are we going to ensure that teachers teach
question formation when it isn't currently being
tested?

Jimmy

Adele wrote:

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  NOT THE ROLE PLAYS!!!!!

And I say that as a person who used to have lots of
fun with them,
however
for the non-theatrical kids, who are shy and more
introverted, it was
TERRIBLE!  Also, testing question form that way was
the WORST thing!