[etni] Fwd: re: antiHOTS lists and number

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:26:44 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: rafitalk <rafitalk@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: antiHOTS lists and number

Guess what?
I've never met ANY of the contributers to this debate (apart from
one)so we aren't "so called friends"
But if one thing positive has come out of this entire debacle- then
the collegiate unity of teachers who feel attacked has finally
surfaced .
The lid has come off Pandoras' box
Don't get petty and start expostulating-
get busy and listen and then act.
 I am sure that all those consumate professional educators can work
out an intelligent solution!
Rafi

Avi wrote:
> Tessa Shalom - I do not intend to be drawn in to any argument that you
and your friends are trying to set up. I resist strongly to the fact
that because I am an inspector I cannot have the freedom of this list
to have my say which is as important, no more and no less, to what you
wish to voice. You are poisoning the list, brainwashing the readers
and misleading to say the least. I have never intended to nor have I
ever spoken to any of my teachers in the manner that you express
"rapped over the knuckles and told, not very politely, to shut up and
get on with it". I have been very polite, politically correct and do
not like to be interpreted by anyone who does not know me!!!!! Your
tone of comment is venomous and offensive.

> As for the teachers you present as - "Does he know that among that
vast pool of teachers that he assumes are all pro-HOTS, there are many
who have never heard of ETNI, who don't know about the existence of
ETAI and very likely haven't heard of HOTS or are even aware that
there is a protest against it?" - it is probably these teachers who
need the guided program for the bagrut. A bagrut exam is the same for
your pupils, mine, those in the North, South or wherever. So
experienced teachers and novice teachers go through the same process.
I would expect the experienced teachers to help the inexperienced
teachers but am careful not to say this too loudly as I am sure you
will pounce and once again say, more work is expected of us for no
payment. As for experienced Literature teachers, I would not brag too
much about that. I have seen many experienced teachers and yes,
teachers who are Literature majors, who may have the credentials but
are not teachers. They teach (so called) but learning does not take
place. Is it enough to have an M.Ed in Literature to claim you know
how to teach - NO!!!! A good novice teacher is worth more than a
boring experienced teacher. (Yes more fuel for you to lash out at me.)