[etni] [FWD: Re: Re,RE,RE YOUR BEAT: Example Please!]]]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 04:02:24 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: Re: [etni] [FWD: Re: Re,RE,RE YOUR BEAT: Example Please!]]
 From: "howard sibirsky" <howdon@xxxxxxxxxx>

 Native, shmetive,

 What a waist of time and thought discussing the subject.

 A good teacher is one that motivates learning and is creative enough to
turn
 that motivation into action.
 If the teacher produces results, that's what we want. But modern
teachers
 must also be experts in taking advantage of tools other than the text.
 wonder how many of our readers really know what I am talking about.

 No one has mentioned the worn out methods used in Israel, the lack of
modern
 technology and electronic tools that helps us language teachers do the
job
 required better. When I was a teacher of Spanish in Connecticut, we
used
 methods unheard of here They were extremely successful. When I tell my
 colleagues about what we did 35 years ago, they think I am talking
about the
 year 4.000 AD.

 I know plenty of  native English teachers who are teaching the language
not
 because they have been trained as language teacher but because they are
 "Native". They do a very mediocre job.

 Let me read  about how we can be more effective in the class. There are
so
 many tools available on CD's and the Internet. Schools I have worked in
 suffer from lack of knowledge on the part of both teachers and
 administrators especially the latter - they control the monies.

 Hanan S.