[etni] Re: NS-NSS thread

  • From: "Lev Abramov" <lev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <maore29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:58:22 +0200

Elizabeth has expressed suspicion that the NS/NNS debate has been a
deliberate distracter intended to push more important issues aside.=20

[as regards the debate being boring - may I humbly remind all the =
parties
involved that I have never seen a keyboard which would be missing a Del
key...]

As I was the founding father :-) of this whole thread about a month ago, =
can vouch for my lack of any intention whatsoever to steer the =
proletariat
away from class struggle ;-).

Hence, I hereby declare the thread closed. Please refrain from =
discussing
this issue, at least in the nearest future. English teachers of all =
shades
and origins unite!

Using this festive opportunity, I would like to remind that Nina Golomb =
is
still trying to defend our position in the argument about the Moed Aleph
E-F-G modules; please support her, as she cannot (and should not) do it
"single-handedly." Elizabeth is right: we have to be together in this.=20

Several listmembers (Daniel, lately, among others, if I am not mistaken)
have expressed their regret over the fact there is no organization that
would represent English teachers in a union-like manner. Taking into =
account
the unsatisfactory manner in which we are represented by the Irgun, I =
have
to say I would be glad to support the founding of such body.

Any opinions?

Lev

Lev ABRAMOV <lev[at]schiffman.biz>
The Shiffman Institute www.schiffman.biz