[etni] [FWD: Re: Re,RE,RE YOUR BEAT: Example Please!]]

  • From: ask@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:51:39 -0700

 -------- Original Message --------
 Subject: Re: [etni] [FWD: Re,RE,RE YOUR BEAT: Example Please!]
 From: "Nancy Peled" <nancybcp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 Barry everyone knows pedal pushers are pants that are longer than
shorts but shorter than pants...girls wore them all the time in summer
when I was a kid- but not to school. Girls wore skirts and dresses
until 1968- at least in my suburb. Today they are back- called caprice.
But putting the pedal to the medal was a hip expression for greasers
[you know who they were, right?] who had drag races and listened to
Elvis and obviously there weren't any in Winnipeg [I am a former
Torontonian myself]- I didn't think anyone used it anymore! It's so
fifties! [remember the Safire article I shared a few weeks ago?]
 Thanks for the smile~ [I just couldn't resist ...]
 Nancy BCP