Re: key bindings for bookmarks / output panel

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 14:29:43 +1100

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:04:45 +0100
kba <unixprog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > 2) Toggle Output Window
> > > Wanted Behaviour: Press a key to show/hide output (like pressing the
> > > button in the lower left corner)
>
> > Bind some key to
> > !output.adjust_ratio *,1
> > OR
> > output.adjust_ratio '*,1'
>
> That's just what I wanted :-) Thank you!
>

> > (Both of these prevent the '*' from being interpreted as a list of files.)
> >
> > BTW, the arguments given to output.adjust_ratio and panes.adjust_ratio
> > are not working too well, and things need to be changed to get it all
> > working as described in the ACTIONS document. I aim to do this before
> > next release.
>
> IMHO, I like the way it works now :-) I would find it useful though to
> explain the '*,1'-style notation in the ACTIONS doc, it isn't really
> obvious what this does, at least not to me. And it's a great feature!
> Especially in combination with the flexibility emelfm2 offers concerning
> pane orientation and toolbar placement, that sets emelfm2 apart from
> other OFMs.

I've just pushed changes for this stuff. It should now work as (currently)
described i.e. the argument can be any decimal 0.0 to 1.0, and for output,
hidden is 0.0 not 1.0. It's still possible to provide *, X,* or (*,X for
backwards compatibility) but again, anything with "*" in it needs to block
interpretation by single- or double-quoting "arg", or prepending '!' to the
command.

:) I should have remembered - there were, and still are, default bindings for
output-pane sizing - <Ctrl>e and <Ctrl<w>. But then, I probably wouldn't have
bothered to fix the actions.