Re: key bindings for bookmarks / output panel

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 15:03:53 +1100

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 20:46:54 +0100
kba <unixprog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Actually, after testing it some more, the pane toolbar mnemonics do have
> some flaws. First of all, the button style must be set to label
> with/without icons or the mnemonics won't trigger.

Not sure what you're describing here. Seems to work here ok with labels or
labels+icons. There was a code-tweak needed to get the latter, maybe you missed
that.

> Secondly, when both panels are visible and both panel toolbars have
> 'show label' set, the shortcuts won't trigger either. The same ambiguity
> problem arises, when two buttons on the same pane bar have the same
> mnemonic (e.g. two buttons labeled 'Go _Back' and 'Open _Bookmarks').

Indeed, it should cycle focus among widgets with the same mnemonic, then you
can <Enter> where suitable. But I've not checked if this happens. Feel free to
customise your mnemonics )