Re: key bindings for bookmarks / output panel

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 23:20:08 +1100

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 20:41:38 +0100
kba <unixprog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, I don't like to use the mouse and tried to bind some
> functionality to keys - without success.
>
> 1) Bookmarks
> Wanted Behaviour: Press a key and the bookmark menu pops up or the
> button in the dirline bar gets activated
>
> My current workaround is to press the 'menu' key, then 'b'.

ATM there is no way to bind a key to a <submenu> type of action. If the bar is
showing labels, then respective button mnemonics are supposed to work, but I
see that this needs fixing (now done), and even after that, is still weird for
popup menus (menu shows only if mnemonic key is held down long enough for 2 or
3 auto-repeats). Maybe some workaround can be found.

> 2) Toggle Output Window
> Wanted Behaviour: Press a key to show/hide output (like pressing the
> button in the lower left corner)
>
> I tried binding a key to 'toggle.on output.show'/'toggle.off
> output.show' but that made emelfm2 segfault instantly.

The toggles need to be in pairs, they don't work for single bindings, as you've
found. I just added a block so that these actions do not appear in the picklist
for key-bindings, but that doesn't stop the user typing them in anyway.

Bind some key to
!output.adjust_ratio *,1
OR
output.adjust_ratio '*,1'

(Both of these prevent the '*' from being interpreted as a list of files.)

BTW, the arguments given to output.adjust_ratio and panes.adjust_ratio are not
working too well, and things need to be changed to get it all working as
described in the ACTIONS document. I aim to do this before next release.