Re: emelfm2 pre-release

  • From: Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:51:45 -0500

----- Original Message -----
> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:17:24 +1100
> De: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> À: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sujet: Re: emelfm2 pre-release

> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 21:02:02 +1100
> <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I resetted my config data, glitch still present. For some reason,
> > > the tooltip doesn't switch - same for show/hide pane. I can live
> > > with it.
> >
> > I've explored this a bit more. Gtk's tooltips mechanism changed in
> > 2.12, and one or two deprecated things started working differently.
> > IIRC this means that toggle-button tips might be dodgy if you do
> > not build with USE_LATEST=1 on gtk >= 2.12. I generally apply that,
> > which is why I was not getting any tooltip problem. I'm reminded
> > that I meant to look into gtk sources to try to find a workaround.
> >
> > So, can you advise whether USE_LATEST=1 fixes your problem ?
>
> And you can retry with latest svn code, with and without USE_LATEST=1

Running Fedora 10, gtk 2.14, SVN 1379. I tried USE_LATEST 0 and 1, they
both work perfectly.

Other bugs:
- emelfm2 can't go in a directory called "$$".
- make uninstall_plugins is broken : maybe this line, as it tries to
  erase the same dir twice?
        @test -d "$(PLUGINS_DIR)" && rm -rfd $(PLUGINS_DIR)

--
Grégory SCHMITT <mailto:gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>