emelfm2 pre-release

  • From: Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:41:43 -0500

Hello,

Before we release the next minor version of emelfm2, I'd like to bring
a few things up:

- tooltip for hide/show hidden files seems wrong: pane1 tooltip will
  always display "Show hidden files", while pane2 tooltip will always
  display "Hide hidden files". Otherwise works correctly.

- the focus on an item in a filelist is acting strangely (not sure, but
  this may be the case since 0.5.0). Hard to explain, so I'll
  illustrate: first filelist is made of 3 items [1], [2], [3] (all
  being folders). Folder [1] contains 3 files [a], [b], [c]. I select
  [1], press enter to go in the folder, scroll down two times to
  highlight item [c], then press Backspace to go back to previous
  folder. Highlighted item (full color) will be [1], but item actually
  getting the focus (with a frame) will be [3], as pressing up will
  focus AND highlight item [2]. I expected focus to be on item [1],
  not [3], which seems to be inherited from the previous filelist. Is
  it the normal behaviour, or am I missing an option?

- what about the rpm package that was previously built for Fedora
  systems? Is it MIA ?

- for clarity purposes, should we include an Internet link to the GPL
  v3 in the about section, and delete the debian-unofficial folder, as
  brought up Jari Aalto a few weeks ago?

--
Grégory SCHMITT <mailto:gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>