emelfm2 pre-release

  • From: TomPh <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 07:30:37 +1000

Another one, with bugfixes and minor feature enhancements, at
emelfm2.org/rel/pre/emelfm2-tom-20051028.tar.gz

Changes can be seen at emelfm2.org/ChangeLog

This one would have been a release, but we're still chasing a problem related
to file-alteration-monitoring ("fam") by dnotify, exhibited on one tester's
linux-smp system. He sees bogus filelist refreshing, starting when no-one is
looking, endlessly-repeated, and it clobbers any useful debug-related
information ...

See the INSTALL file for commentary on various build-time options, including
the alternative fam backends. If you've been using the prior pre-release, IIRC
dnotify fam was the default for linuxers, but that has now been reverted, and
the 'make' option USE_DNOTIFY=1 is needed to get the same effect (for debian,
that's a change to the 'rules' file, I understand). Except from the tester I
referred to, the (minimal) feedback has not indicated any problem with that
mechanism.

Feedback please. Especially I encourage users of linux-smp systems to build
with dnotify support and let us know how it goes.