Re: Scrollbars placement

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:39:19 +1000

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:30:39 -0500
"Adam Krolnik" <akrolnik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've seen that having the scrollbar on the left allows you to have less than
> the entire window on the
> screen and still be able to scroll the output.
Unless it's the left side of the window that's offscreen ...

> Also a useful option for left handers who gravitate to the left side instead
> of the right for things.
As a left-hander, I can attest that not all such creatures gravitate there !

I guess it comes down to habit.

> As to the the scope, I'd pick filelists  + output.

Myself, I can't think of a compelling reason to differentiate within an
application (or even within a desktop session more generally). Muscle-memory,
again.

In fact, I'm a bit inclined now to disable the existing filelist-bars-placement
option, it'd be the first time for a while that I've found an opportunity to
_reduce_ code.