Re: Completing the command line using 'all' as the option to command.complete

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 10:32:49 +1000

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:30:06 -0500
"Adam Krolnik" <akrolnik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It is looking good. Will the KEYALIAS feature be standard ?
Not now, at least. I did add to the ACTIONS document a mention of this action,
and 2 others similarly disabled. If there seems to be reasonable willingness to
use such things and put up with the bloat, then I'll revisit the matter.
Meantime, anyone who is suitably committed can easily enable the code. IMHO the
actions have not yet been tested enough to make them selectable via
make-command options.

> 1. The button 'Show a menu of hidden items' doesn't seem to work.
Menu ? If you mean the toggle-buttons which by default are in both panes'
button-bars, then those buttons just toggle display of hidden items in the
corresponding file-list.

> 2. I found the scrollbar position option. But the output pane doesn't have
> such an option.
>    I was hoping to have the scrollbar on the left side, but you may not have
> done that due
>    to the tabs feature.
There are lots of scrollbars in the application, only the filelist bars are
relocatable. That's an option from the very early days of emelFM2. It never
seemed worthwhile replicating more generally. Not least because, as you
observe, there are consequential UI effects to be managed, and because to now,
there's been no public indication that anyone ever changed this option.

> 3. Sorting files always keeps the directories first. Could this be made an
> option ? And
>    have the files sorted, independent of the type (directory or not) ?
That would either slow down the sorting, or double the size of the sorting code
(for every column). And IIRC there are one or two fairly fundamental things
that rely on directories (or at least, the "../" item) being at the top of the
list. I must say I'm not much inclined.