[elky] Re: Race car update

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 06:23:07 -0500

I like the FelPro stuff too. I have had copper gaskets on the collectors
for a long time, and they work great. I don't know if they make them for
the top end.

I manged a knuckle pretty bad working on the frame yesterday too. We'll see
how that affects me at work to day. Grinding rusty shrapnel in to your head
and shoulders is always fun too. At least I didn't screw up the '57 JC
subframe connector.  The cost of doing battle with the cars we love.
JC

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Yeah...I was being a little facetious.  I have one side in place with
> bolts started:
>

> I was gonna use the set of gaskets that came with the headers, but they're
> just sorta like a thick piece of paper, so I'll do what I've done many
> times in the past and use Fel-Pro metalized gaskets that I can just drop in
> from the top.
>
> Right now, I'm totaly outta breath, my legs are banged up from clambering
> under the car and into the engine compartment...so I'm takin a break.
>
> I talked to a guy about a roll bar or cage and he tells me that he can't
> do anything for a month...but I have a couple of other options....or if it
> takes me a month before I get the thing on the trailer and exhaust on it,
> then maybe he can do it.  He told me that he would be able to do something
> that would work for the 150 Club, anyway.
>
> It's all progress, even if it IS slow.

>  On 7/17/2012 2:43 PM, Chris Lindh wrote:
>
> Ray,
>
> I looked at the latest progress on the Monte... you've probably already
> done this by now, but I believe the headers have to be fished up through
> the bottom.

JPEG image