[elky] Race car update

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:56:55 -0600

Well, it's slow, but I'm makin some progress.  Before I start on this, I wanna send a "get well soon" message to Cort.  I hope you get yer ass feelin better pronto!

Ok.  Here we go.  Both racing seats are installed:

The harnesses are on order.  I'm workin on gettin a rollbar kit and talked to a guy who can install it.  I'm just tryin to sort out the details.

The aluminum driveshaft is in; here's a shot with the rear loop being fitted:

Finally, the loop is positioned and "tacked" in place with a coupla sheet metal screws.

I'm goin back out to finish bolting it in...and whatever else I can do tonite.  I still dunno if I can get it all together before World of Speed in September...but I'm tryin.