[elky] Re: OT: A little storm, part 2

  • From: Chris Lindh <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 23:18:05 -0500

I think you made a fine choice.  You can speed up boot times with a
solid state drive... they are unbelievably fast compared to mechanical
drives.

The only benefit to the new releases is with integrated GPUs, which
are never as good as a dedicated GPU, but they're supposed to be
improved.  Thin & light laptops (3 pounds or less) usually have
integrated graphics unless you're willing to spend ~$1500, which is
too much for a laptop the size of a netbook (11" to 13" screens)... in
my opinion.