[elky] Re: Misc. Car content

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 22:37:33 EST

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 3/1/2011 6:45:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
johncgg@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I was  moving the El Camino the other day and noticed the power steering
fluid on the  ground. Have to check in to that some more. I forgot about a
late start at Car  club, and intended to get it up on the lift today, but I
couldn't wait another  hour..... on account of Cindy's birthday today!~  She is
officially a  senior citizen at 55.
Happy birthday Cindy
I turn 55 March 29

I have another year and 4 days. I'll check it out soon. At least I  said Hi
to a couple of the kids today.

I did change the door handle on  the Monte when I got back, waiting for
Cindy to get off work. See the attached  picture. I have another new handle for
the passenger door. These ice storms  and winter in general are really hard
on these handles  here.
Can't get enough leverage with those to brake the frozen door seals. Been
there.

I got the replacements for about $25 each from Dixie Monte Carlo.
Taiwan... I know, but black and straight.

I also washed the winter  dust off of the El Camino and did some data
logging to try and improve the  performance. Might be some chip burning in the
future.

1984 El Camino  "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 _http://www.myelcamino.net_ (http://www.myelcamino.net/)