[elky] Re: Misc. Car content

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 21:03:30 -0700

I forgot!  Happy BD, Cindy!  Hope it was a great one.

On 3/1/2011 4:09 PM, John Christensen wrote:
I was moving the El Camino the other day and noticed the power steering fluid on the ground. Have to check in to that some more. I forgot about a late start at Car club, and intended to get it up on the lift today, but I couldn't wait another hour..... on account of Cindy's birthday today!~ She is officially a senior citizen at 55. I have another year and 4 days. I'll check it out soon. At least I said Hi to a couple of the kids today.

I did change the door handle on the Monte when I got back, waiting for Cindy to get off work. See the attached picture. I have another new handle for the passenger door. These ice storms and winter in general are really hard on these handles here. I got the replacements for about $25 each from Dixie Monte Carlo. Taiwan... I know, but black and straight.

I also washed the winter dust off of the El Camino and did some data logging to try and improve the performance. Might be some chip burning in the future.

1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net <http://www.myelcamino.net/>