[elky] Re: Misc. Car content

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 20:55:46 -0700

Very kool. I wish there had been something like that or the program that Target 550 supports:

http://www.target550.com/news.html and
http://www.heraldnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=DH&Date=20100321&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=321009999&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=1

When Jim and I were at the Bonneville NW Reunion banquet, Marlo Treit (Target 550 team principal) contributed a significant amount to that group to help fund their trip to the next Shell Eco-Marathon ( http://www.shell.com/home/content/ecomarathon/ ) and to the Salt Flats at World of Speed. That's the event where I hope to run the Monte Carlo, along with meeting up with John, Mike Huber and my oldest son. If all the stars, moons and planets line up, John will get to run in the 130 club in the Monte Carlo, too.

Anyway, if there had been programs like the Car Club in St. Charles and the Eco-marathon thing in Washington when I was in high school, I might not have dropped out after my junior year. :)

Good work, John, keep it up.

ps. I got the shifter mounted in the Monte Carlo and about halfway adjusted. Needs a few little tweaks, but it's progress. I also disabled the alarm in the damned thing. That killed the power door locks, but I don't think I'm gonna need 'em for racing on the salt.

Won't make much progress over the next coupla daze, cuz I'm gonna be shooting the Autorama...and some of the "extras" (the USFRA club display and a pinup contest that a friend is hosting) so I'll be tied up with that and the next 2 weekly posts for T-550. The fun never stops....

On 3/2/2011 4:54 AM, John Christensen wrote:
Speaking of which..... I updated the kids page after the benefit. See: http://www.myelcamino.net/stcecc.htm