[elky] Re: House was Swapmeet....

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 09:38:48 -0700

just hit the dart board holes with a smear of spackle, a quick sanding, and - if necessary - a spritz of orange peel paint. never know they were there. I plowed the vacuum though the kitchen wall a month or so ago (THIN wallboard). You might want to keep a few peel and stick patches in the painting bin. We picked up a sprayer when we were painting the well Dan built. ended up using a brush to get it between the 'bricks'. And the floor has a big ring on it from the over spray. I found it to be too messy and a pain to clean up the sprayer. The time you save spraying you spend cleaning.

Good luck with the spots, they can be annoying. They tend to bleed through paint. I think I used that KILZ stuff on some in some house and it worked good. I finally got the one in my parents house where paint peeled all the time. I'm thinking it was ancient wallpaper paste that was never cleaned off good enough. I also leaned that when you paint ceilings that have previously been white washed, it peels like crazy and there is no way to get rid of it.

chicken sounds good.  yum.  Take a break.

and for all of you - HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!