[elky] Re: House was Swapmeet....

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 19:47:20 -0500

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>                           Yup done deal as of yesterday at noon. Got in
> and we were cleaning walls to get ready for paint. Most of it is getting
> painted flat white for now. Just to clean it up and get it looking nice.
> THen later we will figure out what gets painted what color. Got 2 5 gal
> buckets for $35 a bucket.
>
> *Then - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!'
>
> yeah I hear that one color just to get settled thing.  In my parents house
> I picked up all the gallons of one PPG color ("Bone") when a local home
> improvement store went under.
>
> *
>     Got some pics and trying to do before and after pics.
>
> *can't wait.*

                     Just got back in... Got all three rooms spot primed as
they were a white but lots of marks we had to cover up so the white paint
will look white everywhere and not have shadows coming through. Lots of
holes. One room had a spot that had to have a little 8" dart board...

                      What was the childs room... Had purple baloons and
writing on the walls. Took two good coats of primer to hide that enough to
make me happy.

                         I don't like painting..... I can get the sprayer
from my neighbor and I may.

>                  Had a local carpet cleaner guy come in and for $20 an
> area did a better job than the big name guys. $100 total. Got a coat of
> paint on the kitchen and the laundry room. Gott aspot prime a few spots that
> are dark showing through but it's looking 100% nicer.
>

>  *carpet sounds like a good deal.  We've pretty much ripped it all out
> downstairs.  It was stinky and brown.  Not chocolate, just brown.  Dan is
> talking about putting wood treads on the stair and getting rid of it. (talk
> about dirty and hard to clean).  I ran the rug shampooer over it so many
> times that when we moved the old entertainment center out, it was a
> different color under it. *

                              This guy was working really hard on it and it
came out allot better than expected. Just has to be livable for now and it's
fine. I like carpet. May end up putting tile in the kitchen as the former
owner bought a bunch of tile and supplies and they are in the garage.

> *
> *
>

>   As for appliances.. The sears hometown store has a new 26 cf fridge for
> $714 and is really close... THey are going to match best buys price on front
> loader washer and dryer Samsung for $450 each. And a new dishwasher for
> $300.
> *
> Sounds good.   I have a 26 cf and it seems barely big enough. Course I left
> the windex in there this morning, and that will fill it up quick. Rest
> sound  good, too.
> *
>
>                 Gotta get a riding mower somehow though... Not sure where
> the funds for that will come from yet..
>

> *In time.  Maybe keep your eye out for someone in foreclosure who won't
> need a lawn mower any more?*  *Or a used one at a dealer?  The only reason
> we bought a new one to replace the 22 year old Craftsman was because the
> deck had worn through and a new one was $800.  that makes no sense.  But we
> still use it, it still runs, just doesn't cut very well.  They seem pretty
> hard to kill.
>
> Mary
>
> *
>
>                   Yeah been watching craigslist... There were a few deals
in past weeks but nothing lately. WIll have to be under 500 and even that is
iffy right now.

                      Well off to cook some chicken on the grill.