[elky] Re: Happy camper

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:51:23 -0700

Yep. The MPG situation is understood. There are pics of the interior on the link...I think I sent it...if not, here it is:

http://picasaweb.google.com/8seccraig/Dually?authkey=Gv1sRgCL_OgcDm-aWbVA#

It's leather (I would have preferred cloth and I don't care for the color, but I can live with it) and is in decent shape. Some cracking on the sides of the seats, but that's about it. I need to talk to Craig (he's a very long-term member of the Nova list, I met him in Joplin, Mo in 2003) about a few things before I pull the trigger.

More to follow.

On 12/14/2010 9:14 AM, Chris Lindh wrote:
Regarding the '97 C3500, 454 Vortec motor, 112k - you know the big block will tow well and is a proven platform, but are you prepared for single digit MPG? My neighbor has a 2500 with 8.1L Vortec, and his MPG is pretty low.

I'd want to know what shape the interior is in, and what maintenance it might need for long trips.