[elky] Re: Chevrolet : Monte Carlo | eBay

  • From: Dann Keller <kwhale22@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ray Buck et al <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 16:30:15 -0700

OK, now it "offishally" looks like a race car.  You go, Ray.

Dan

Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 15:17:22 -0600
From: rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [elky] Re: Chevrolet : Monte Carlo | eBay

Hmmm...not like Monte Carlo?  Like this one?

Those are my sons.  They applied the parts stickies for me this morning.  Now
I'm dealing with pulley alignment at the front of the motor.  I think I have it
figgered out, tho.

On 9/5/2011 1:24 PM, CTSVMONGO wrote:

No offense to anyone with a Monte, it’s a sweet car and I would be a proud
owner of it but im not a huge Monte fan( I do like the older ones quite a bit
though).  Just thought it was a really nicely done one.

Having a hard time looking past some of the 68/69 chevelles on ebay, wow!

Ive also become a huge fan of the way the 80’s/90s Porsche 911s and slant nose
look, the wide body is pretty cool- id really need to learn more about those as
I have no idea with any of that- motors, models etc, the values seem to be all
over the place with those.

Oh anyone ever drive a Pantera?  Too much for my budget but  I love those cars.

The girlfriend and I are going to go drive a few audi’s today, she really wants
to look into trading in her 08 Acura TL type S.  Its pretty fun to drive, but…
she’s had it 3 years and put almost 30k on it so its gonna start needing brakes
and likely new tires soon… we replaced one over the winter and it was well over
$400 for one!!!
The dealer near us has a couple S4s, 2 A5’s and an S5, and Im gonna see if the
guy will let me drive the 2009 S8 (wiki says it’s a more powerful lambo V10
with nearly 500hp)   In my opinion- and im not in a place to buy a car like the
S5(she is lucky me huh J ) but that is one of the sexiest cars out there today-
should be fun!