[elky] Re: 67 Buick Riviera HD

  • From: "CTSVMONGO" <ctsvmongo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 09:27:00 -0500

I agree, A guy in my office buys and sells the mopars from the 60s early 70s
and hes very good at it.  Parts too.  Most of my intentions were to give it
a shot driving it if I could buy it right, that way if it didn't make the
cut, I could turn it and hopefully make a little to make the next one a
little more affordable.

My GMC crew turned really well for a truck its size.  I really miss that
truck. Luckily the girlfriend has taken a strong liking to the CRV's
utility- she takes the dogs everywhere and its oh so easy to drive, it
really is and surprisingly roomy.  I have to give it to Honda with that,
it's a pretty decent little suv, if you don't like driving.  I love to
drive, so im bored to death with it.

She has(had J ) a 2008 Acura TL type S.    Very nice car, 285hp 6 speed
manual, scoots pretty good and I get 25 around town, she said it will get 31
on the highway.  Its not made for a guy who likes to drive either.  Push it
and it complains.  It rides like shit for a car that doesn't scream.
Bounces all over the road, the oversteer(I believe that is what we call the
torque steer from front wheel drive cars) is so scary many times you have to
get out of it even under less than ambitious accelloration-  This is only a
15.8 second rated car- and it can be frightening when trying to have some
fun with it.  Though I have to admit its pretty sexy- It's the black color
with the blue metallic flake in it- we have the Aspec wheels on it.  For
what she paid for it, and she told me this all along(it wasn't her pick of
the litter) she could have had a much more impressive and fun to drive car.

Most cars when you look online to find a forum to see what kind of upgrades
people are doing to cars, you get quite a bit of "talent" even if its not
what you or I would like to do to a car, the only TL forums out there that I
have found are only putting factory Aspec body kits on the car.  Some have
suggested an exhaust kit and cold air intake.  Im absolutely blown away at
how little there is for this "performance series" car.  I  am sure there are
reasons, but don't people who buy that kind of car like to trick it out, no
matter what it is?

Mega Cab long box???=motorhome.