[elky] Re: 67 Buick Riviera HD

  • From: Chris Lindh <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 09:08:52 -0400

Did someone say land barge?  My Dodge has a 160.5" wheelbase, and people pay
to have Mega Cabs converted to long bed, making them 180" (Mega Cab / long
bed is not a factory option).  Interestingly enough, according to this link
a Mega Cab / long bed conversion still has a tighter turning radius than a
Ford or GM crew cab: http://www.longbedmegacab.com/DT1008.pdf  All I know is
parking lots can be tricky even with the short bed.

And as far as buying the Riviera, I say don't buy a car you are not
absolutely in love with, especially a '60s "fun" car.  Given the dollars and
aggravation it takes to keep one road worthy it's not worth it if it is not
the perfect car for you (in my not so humble opinion).