[ecop-poct] Re: New PO section 2. uploaded

  • From: Kai Koskimies <kai.koskimies@xxxxxx>
  • To: ecop-poct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 18:49:28 +0200

Dear all,

about connecting ecopremises to previous Artemis projects, I think there
is an interesting connection to Sofia (see
http://www.sofia-project.eu/packages). The mission of Sofia is:

"The mission of SOFIA project is to create a semantic interoperability
platform which enables and maintains cross-industry interoperability
which is a platform for new services. Concurrently the solution will
foster innovation while maintaining value of existing legacy
multi-vendor interoperability platform."

That sounds pretty familiar, doesnt it? Sofia's targets are smart houses
and smart cities. Basically, as I see it, we are doing the same for work
machine domain. We can nevertheless learn and benefit a lot from Sofia,
especially concerning the methodologial issues.

Regards,
Kai