[ecop-poct] Re: New PO section 2. uploaded

  • From: Bernhard Schätz <schaetz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ecop-poct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:28:24 +0100

Dear all,

Jouni -- great, thanks.

Here's my two cents:

- Concerning AUTOSAR: Here I would also make clear that AUTOSAR currently does
not really support time-/space separation to support mixed-criticality systems
(like, e.g., IMA-based approaches). Furthermore, AUTOSAR would be
single-machine (without Car-to-Infrastructure) and specifically not support a
SOA-like architecture. So, we will use of course a similar approach concerning
modularity (potentially included results provided by ARTEMIS-projects like
RECOMP) or ITEA-projects like VERDE; furthermore, we will incorporate
embedded-SOA results (e.g., from the SOCRADES-project). However, there would
--like in AUTOSAR -- be a need to identify specific core services (e.g.,
maintainance) as well as run-time coordination support (not exisiting in
AUTOSAR)
- Concerning Genesys: I would rather look for principles of the
Genesys-Architecture adopted in COTS-HW, than the Genesys-HW itself.

Best regards!!

Am 17.03.2011 um 13:23 schrieb Mattila Jouni:

> Dear All,
>

> I did just upload ”new” PO section 2 into Dropbox which is basically text
> from PLATINO PO. We are working on making the text better and shorter (max #
> of pages is: 2-2.5 pages)
>

> I have two questions:
>

> -          Since Ecopremises is about mobile machines which are “car” like
> vehicle the evaluators did and will ask Platino/Ecopremises relationship to
> AUTOSAR. How this issues is best explained since I’m not sure if we did good
> job last time?
>
> -          Also, we have understood, that Artemis project would like see that
> new projects (like Ecopremises) are built on existing Artemis projects. And
> therefore we “used” GENESYS as a base for Platino. Should we still do so or
> drop it?
>

> Cheers,
>

> -J
>

> Jouni Mattila
> Professor in Machine Automation, Dr. Tech.
> TUT/IHA
> Korkeakoulunkatu 6
> P.O. Box 589
> FI-33101 Tampere, Finland
> Mobile +358-40-8490244
> Fax    +358-3-31152240
> Email: jouni.mattila@xxxxxx
> www.iha.tut.fi

Bernhard Schätz, fortiss GmbH, email: schaetz@xxxxxxxxxxx
Tel. +49 (0)89 360 35 22 27 Fax.  +49 (0)89 360 35 22 50
Guerickestr. 25, 80805 München, Germany