[ebooktalk] Re: QUICK TURN AROUNDS

  • From: "Trish Talbot" <Trish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 14:17:57 +0100

Er not exactly, no.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxx>
To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:07 PM
Subject: [ebooktalk] Re: QUICK TURN AROUNDS

Actually, it surprisingly interesting. The guy who founded the store was a very distinctive character with very particular views. One result of this was the practise of giving each product line its own name - Billy for book cases, for instance. He also was able to keep prices low by going to existing manufacturers and asking them to produce lines for Ikea. One example was waste bins. Instead of going to a supplier of bins, he found a company which manufactured cans for food and just got them to make much bigger ones which were usable as bins. Delivered fantastic economies of scale. I'm sure you're all gasping with admiration at his brilliance.
On 18 Jul 2013, at 13:29, Trish Talbot wrote:

I wouldn't have thought the history of Ikea would be very rivetting either, so you did well to keep your concentration, even if it was for work.
Trish.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxx>