[ebooktalk] BOOKER BOOKS was Re: Re: Alison's books.

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 09:15:39 +0100

The last Man Booker winner I read was Bring Up The bodies.  But mostly I avoid
the books.  However, I made an exception at the time when the NLB produced all
the shortlisted titles as what were called Cheetah Books in Braille.  I read
all of those despite the fact that I enjoyed very few of them.  Before the
Mantel, the last Booker winner I remember being really impressed by was Oscar
And Lucinda by Peter Carey which is still one of my favourite books of all
time.