[duxuser] Re: work-around for back translation

  • From: "Terri Pannett" <pann1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:17:28 -0800

Dear Peter,

I see your point.

There are people who sell or give away older braille displays and those who
cannot afford a new one could find a used one.  Lists such as Blindad would
help people locate a used display.

I know there are people in New Zealand and Australia who own BrailleNotes
and they can be used as braille displays with WindowEyes and JAWS.  These
notetakers have forward and back translation so people could read braille
easily.  Files can be transferred from the PC to the BN and read with the BN
itself.

If a person can't afford a BrailleNote, the VoiceNote is the next best thing
to use for "reading" grade 2 files with speech.

Incidentally, PDI has implemented Duxbury for their translator so
translation with the latest software is much improved.

Terri Pannett, Amateur Radio call sign KF^CA.  Army MARS call sign AAT9PX,
California